GED is stands for General Educational Development, is a Testing service which will be introducing a new series of exams in the month of January. Every year GED test is conducted in January month and end with December month.
General Educational Development Test 2014 Syllabus:
The GED test is for those students who do not have a high school diploma, those who pass the test receive a California High School Equivalency Certificate. In California, students who are 18 years of age or older may take the GED test. The GED test will be online test, it is a major change.
The GED, developed by the American Council on Education, is a series of five national exams testing candidates in the content areas of science, social studies, reading, mathematics and writing in order to allow them to obtain a high school diploma in their home states. GED exams can only be taken in person at official GED testing centers.
|Test Date||Application deadline|
|24 January 2014||3 January 2014|
|15 March 2014||14th February 2014|
|26 April 2014||28th March 2014|
|7 June 2014||9th May 2014|
|12 July 2014||13th June 2014|
|13 September 2014||15th August 2014|
|14th November 2014||17th October 2014|
The GED testing program is the only high school equivalency credential recognized by all 50 states. When you pass the test, you open doors to new possibilities. Everyone deserves a chance to have a job they enjoy and the education they want.
GED test consists five different test sections:
1. Social Studies: Social Studies content area is made up of 50 multiple choice questions like Physical Science, Life Science and Earth and space science.
2. Science: Science content is contains 50 multiple choice questions as: Physical Science, Life Science and Earth and space science.
3. Language Arts, Reading: This contains 40 MCQs. Fictional literature constitutes 75% of each test & includes: Poetry, Drama, Prose, Prose Fiction Before 1920, Prose Fiction between 1920 and 1960 and prose fiction after 1960. Notification constitutes 25% of each test and includes 2 selections of notification prose from any of two which is Nonfiction Prose, visual and performing arts reviews and workplace & community documents.
4. Mathematics: It is also contains 50 questions divided into two parts: Number operations and number sense, Measurement and Geometry, Data analysis, statistics, and probability, Algebra, functions, and patterns,
5. The language arts, writing content area are divided into two parts. The scores are combined and reported as a single score. Students can prepare for their exam and get good marks. The GED exam will be conducted on January 2014.